- Condition your mind. Train yourself to think positive thoughts while avoiding negative thoughts.
- Condition your body. It takes physical energy to take action. Get your food and exercise budget in place and follow it like a business plan.
- Avoid negative people. They drain your energy and waste your time, so hanging with them is like shooting yourself in the foot.
- Seek out the similarly motivated. Their positive energy will rub off on you and you can imitate their success strategies.
- Have goals–but remain flexible. No plan should be cast in concrete, lest it become more important than achieving the goal.
- Act with a higher purpose. Any activity or action that doesn't serve your higher goal is wasted effort--and should be avoided.
- Take responsibility for your own results. If you blame (or credit) luck, fate or divine intervention, you’ll always have an excuse.
- Stretch past your limits on a daily basis. Walking the old, familiar paths is how you grow old. Stretching makes you grow and evolve.
- Don't wait for perfection; do it now! Perfectionists are the losers in the game of life. Strive for excellence rather than the unachievable.
- Celebrate your failures. Your most important lessons in life will come from what you don't achieve. Take time to understand where you fell short.
- Don’t take success too seriously. Success can breed tomorrow's failure if you use it as an excuse to become complacent.
- Avoid weak goals. Goals are the soul of achievement, so never begin them with "I'll try ..." Always start with "I will" or "I must."
- Treat inaction as the only real failure. If you don’t take action, you fail by default and can't even learn from the experience.
- Think before you speak. Keep silent rather than express something that doesn’t serve your purpose.
Roubadíssimo da andorinha